JAKBPEE-Board of Professional Entrance Examination
Full Description: The Board of Professional Entrance examination is responsible for conducting entrance examination for the professional courses such as MBBS/BDS in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
The admission through JKCET entrance to undergraduate or postgraduate medical programs are based upon the merit list which is designed on the basis of individual scores. The Government of Jammu and Kashmir has started a Common competitive entrance exam due to number of student appearing for medical exams has increased simultaneously.
Eligibility Criteria : 1. Candidate must be permanent resident of Jammu And Kashmir State.
2. Candidate must have passed the Intermediate examination and the equivalent from the recognized board of Jammu and Kashmir.
3. They have to secure minimum of 50% marks in case of general category and 40% marks in case of reserved category.
4. Those candidates applying for engineering course must have passed their 12th English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their elective subjects.
5. Appearing candidate can also apply for JKCET 2017.
6. Candidate must complete 17 years as or before on 31st December 2017.
Exam Pattern: 1. Papers: JKCET 2017 entrance exams will consist of two papers for PCB & PCM groups.
2. Questions: The question paper will be comprised 60 Multiple Choice Questions per subject.
3. Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded with one mark for each right answer.
4. Negative Marking: For incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total of right answers.
5. Syllabus: The syllabus will be based on the class 11th and 12th subjects comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
Exam Paper: The entrance exam is comprise of objective type question on Physics,
Chemistry and Biology which can be practiced well through the 11th and 12th books affiliated with CBSE syllabus.